The laboratory AQCLab has recently renewed and extended its accreditation conforming to ISO/IEC 17025 for the software quality evaluations they carry out based on the ISO/IEC 25000 series of standards. The services provided under the accreditation are Maintainability Evaluation, Functional Suitability Evaluation and Data Quality Evaluation. The accreditation as a testing laboratory, issued by ENAC (Spanish national accreditation body), is given upon conformance to the ISO/EC 17025 standard, which defines the general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. Based on the accredited evaluations carried out by AQCLab, AENOR provides a software product quality and data quality certification services.
The evaluation of Maintainability, a software product quality characteristic defined in ISO/IEC 25010, allows to know the degree of effectiveness and efficiency with which a product or system can be modified to improve it, correct it or adapt it to changes in environment, and in requirements.
The evaluation of Functional Suitability, another software product quality characteristic defined in ISO/IEC 25010, allows to know the degree to which a product or system provides functions that meet stated and implied needs when used under specified conditions. This way, it is evaluated whether the software product implementation is complete, correct and adequate regarding its functional specification.
The evaluation of Data Quality, based on the data quality characteristics defined in ISO/IEC 25012, allows to detect weaknesses in the data managed by an organization based on the following criteria: Accuracy, Completeness, Consistency, Credibility and Currentness. This way, it is evaluated the degree to which the data:
- has attributes that correctly represent the true value of the intended attribute of a concept or event in a specific context of use.
- has values for all expected attributes and related entity instances in a specific context of use.
- has attributes that are free from contradiction and are coherent with other data in a specific context of use. It can be either or both among data regarding one entity and across similar data for comparable entities.
- has attributes that are regarded as true and believable by users in a specific context of use. Credibility includes the concept of authenticity (the truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments).
- has attributes that are of the right age in a specific context of use.